The Bahamas is located in the Caribbean’s Lucayan Archipelago, in the midst of the Atlantic Ocean. With over 700 islands located here, visiting this place for a vacation with your spouse or family members is a dream come true. You may book the best Bahamas charter flights to reach the place safely and stay at the top resorts here. There are plenty of things to indulge in like walking on the pink & white sand beaches, kayak, swimming with pigs, snorkeling & dive, etc. The options are simply limitless.
Seafood is favored here like fish, lobster, and crab. You can also enjoy having rice, tropical fruit, pigeon peas, and pork. Sea Snail (Conch) is their national dish. For meals, you may order rice and pigeon peas along with the baked crab. Street vendors are present in plenty who serve items like tropical fruit smoothies or fried conch (conch fritters). You can come across numerous restaurants here that serve authentic Bahamian cuisine.
The main airport here is Lynden Pindling Intl. Airport, located in Nassau, the country’s capital city. Another one is located in Freeport named Grand Bahama Intl. Airport.
- Bus: You can find plenty of buses here that are indeed cheap on the pocket and allow you to move around. You can take one by simply waving your hand or reaching the nearest bus stop.
- Ferries/Boats: They are available daily between 9 am & 6 pm in Paradise and Nassau Island regions and are also cheap.
- Rent a car: This option allows you to move in any direction you wish to travel. However, the legal age to rent any car here is a minimum of 25 years. You also need t hold a valid U.S. driver’s license. There are some places that might offer cars for rent even if you are lesser than 25 years of age. But you will need to pay extra charges.
- Taxis: You may opt for metered taxis at places like Freeport & Nassau to get around.
When to visit the Bahamas?
The Bahamas has a tropical climate throughout the year. Hence, you can visit this country whenever you desire to based on your budget. It also depends n what you plan to do there. If you desire to avail of cheap airline tickets, then January is the best time to visit. December to April months is considered to be the peak tourist season here and things become quite expensive. For much cheaper hotel rates and less crowded, you should visit during the fall season. But you need to be careful as June to November months are considered here as hurricane season. Moreover, the weather will be more humid compared to spring.
What should you pack for the travel?
- Lightweight clothing: Since the weather throughout the year is hot, you should carry along lightweight clothing to stay comfortable.
- Sunscreen lotion: This will ensure your skin stays protected from the harsh sun rays.
- Swimsuit: If you love swimming, then this is one outfit that you should carry along.